Don't leave it too late to get your online store ready for Christmas.
According to the “weeks until christmas” website there are only 18 weekends until santa arrives!
Review the 5 steps below to optimise your website
Find out where you rank on Google and Bing, free website ranking report - see below
5 steps to optimise your website to assist convert new visitors into customers.
- Use great images to display your products
- Sell the benefits - write great product descriptions to help the visitor learn more about the item.
- Go one step further than the basics of size and dimensions and provide as much detail as possible.
- Try to visualise if the visitor was in your store how you would describe the product to them.. it should be no different on your website.
- Remember to include keywords in the product listing, keywords potential customers would type into a search engine eg brand names, product name etc (also known as SEO or search engine optimisation)
2. Cross Selling Products
Are you making the most of cross-selling opportunities? eg if you sell clothing - promote other items that match the product eg clothes to create an outfit
3. Store Categories
If you know customers will be looking for Christmas gifts. Create a new xmas category and make it easier for the new visitor to find exactly what they are looking for or a call to action category – “inspire me” (if appropriate for your business)
4. Customer Reviews
Customer reviews are a powerful tool, we regularly look at reviews before making purchases from Amazon, John Lewis etc.
If you have the facility to include product reviews in your online store asking your previous customers to write reviews of products they have purchased.
Give visitors confidence to make a purchase from your online store. Are the following clearly visible on your website?
- Contact details eg phone number / email address
- About us page - who you are, where you are, why you are different etc
- Credit card / PayPal symbols
- Delivery charges
- Refund policy
- Checkout systems clear and concise
Free SEO Website Ranking Report
Our website ranking report lets you see where your website ranks on Google and Bing with a comparison against competitors.
What we need to know
Send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org with the following information:-
1. Your business name
2. Business website
3. Your name
4. Contact email address
5. Competitors websites - up to 4 websites
6. Keywords you would like to track eg products, brands, service or think people would use to find your website - up to 10 keywords*
* keywords are the terms people enter to find your business on the search engines for example to find Bright Chilli you can type in website optimisation dundee, search engine optimsation dundee, book-keeping tayside, seo tayside
We will collate the keyword ranking report and return it via email.
T&C - business website must be located within in the UK.