Case Study - Retail - Jeweller 2
- Increase customers
- Review effectiveness of each processes
In 2008 as the price of gold was starting to rise. The business owner thought there may be an opportunity to develop an add-on to his business for consumers to cash in their gold in his store and online. There was a small window of opportunity to maximise returns before the large organisations came along and dominated the market.
Phase 1 Implemented - Local marketing and customer acquisition
- Designed a leaflet to raise awareness of new service with “call to action” to attract customers to store.
- Created a brochure website to compliment flyers as a point of reference
Approx 30,000 leaflets were delivered via leaflet drop throughout Tayside in 6 months and this resulted in large volume of customers visiting store to sell their jewellery.
Phase 2 Implemented Online marketing and customer acquisition (2 months later)
Outcome - 9 months campaign online resulted in
Within 18 months the client was priced out of the market on Pay Per Click (PPC) advertising and no longer receiving sufficient conversion rates to make the cost of online marketing viable.
Over the next 3 years the website continued to run and a further 750 customers sold their jewellery with no additional advertising costs, they found the site via organic searches.
One off project
5 week project to sell branded watches supported by the brand's strong television advertising during the run up to Christmas
- Setup an online store with products well displayed and described
- Payments were taken online via website or by telephone
- Sales ordering system to ensure all orders went out in time for christmas
- 550 watches were sold in 5 wks.
- We were top UK reseller of the brand of watches in the UK during 2 out of 5 weeks (source: watch supplier)