Having worked in accountancy practices for a number of years we know it's what happens today and in the future that's important (not just the historical annual financial accounts).
Take advantage of our many years experience book-keeping and training working book-keepers across a diverse range of business types throughout Scotland.
We provide pro-active advice not just number crunching to complete your book-keeping.
How we help your business - tailored accounts package
We prefer TAS books software and customise the setup for each client to provide essential reporting about the business eg:-
- By location (eg branches Aberdeen, Dundee, Edinburgh)
- By sub-department (eg, new products, second hand) to calculate gross profit
- By cost centre to track expenditure
Already using a computerised accounts package or Excel?
If you have an existing package you wish to continue using we have experience in a variety of accounting packages including TAS Books, Sage, QuickBooks. We are wizards with Excel spreadsheets if you don’t want to use an accounting package, we don’t recommend using excel for book-keeping if you are not careful with formulas your figures could be inaccurate (especially if you are vat registered).
Nitty Gritty – the paperwork
We process all your financial paperwork eg sales invoices, purchase invoices, bank statements and complete reconciliations to ensure your accounts balance, ensuring there are no discrepancies
Reviewing management accounts at regular intervals can flag any issues that may arise at the time, compared to reviewing your historical annual accounts, which can be many months after the year end.
How will this help your business?
- Monitor how your business is performing
- Tracking your gross profit/net profit
- Is there enough cash in the bank to pay your VAT or tax bills?
- If you are making decent profit – you might need to think about tax planning
We provide regular reports, which are easy to understand with a jargon free explanation to help you understand your business. It is vital that you regularly check your management reports for your business, for example :-
- Sales Ledger Reports to help improve your credit control – how much is your business due from customers
- Purchase Ledger Reports to help plan your cashflow expenditure – how much your business is due to suppliers and take advantage of credit terms given
- Management Accounts – Profit & Loss, Balance Sheet
- Compare against different date periods
If your business is VAT registered we can prepare your VAT Returns and submit to HMRC. There are numerous vat schemes eg annual accounting, retail schemes, second hand dealer we can advise which is best for your business.
Reports for the Bank
Some businesses are required to submit monthly management accounts to their Bank. In addition to preparing your book-keeping records we can also provide the necessary management accounts for the Bank on a regular basis.
Setting budgets and track performance
If you want to monitor how your business is doing compared to your business plan or cashflow forecast.We can apply budget figures to your accounts, report on actual performance with variances.
Annual Financial Accounts
Every business by law must keep accounting records and submit annual financial accounts to HMRC. We don’t prepare annual financial accounts or tax returns but can recommend a good accountant. Our reconciled management accounts will assist your accountant (and hopefully save them time) preparing your accounts.
View our financial management related news articles:-