Is your website working for your business?
A website should be more than just an online brochure for your business or a convenient place for people to look up your contact details. It should be driving sales leads or bookings to help grow your business.
Some of the most common complaints about websites we hear when meeting business owners for the first time are:-
- Our website looks great but isn’t producing any enquiries
- We are appearing on page 5,6,7,8,9,10....... on search engines (eg google, bing)
- We can’t find our own products when we look online!
We were approached by a client who had experienced problems with all the points above. Their website had been online for a couple of years but it wasn’t producing any sales enquiries.
We undertook a review of the client’s current website and identified areas to optimise.
- The proposed changes would allow the search engines to understand the website and importantly include the business in search results (eg when a user types in a search request in the search engine).
- We reviewed their main competitors’ websites to gain an insight into how they could rank higher in the search results.
- We optimised the website by incorporating essential keywords and phrases into the website content in all the key areas the search engines refer to.
- The client uses a wordpress.org content management system (CMS) for their website. Finally, we reviewed the site’s configuration and plugins and made improvements to make the site load faster.
How the Website Optimisation Has Helped the Business
Before we started the project, the website didn’t rank well on search engines (eg Google and Bing) and didn’t appear within the top 100 for many of the popular keywords and phrases we reviewed.
Looking at our website monitor reports our client is now ranking higher or beside their competitors in search engine results with the keywords and phrases we started tracking at the start of the project.
Within the first 6 weeks there had been an increase in sales leads directly linked to the optimised website.
We are at the end of the fourth month following the website search engine optimisation. This is traditionally a quiet time for sales leads as its “off season” for the client. Enquiries are still coming in via the website from different areas in the UK they haven’t had leads from before.
Jargon Free Zone
At Bright Chilli we have a methodical approach and start with the immediate goals/needs of the business as a priority.
Search Engine Optimisation (SEO) doesn’t have to be a daunting task.
If your website isn’t producing results contact us for an informal and jargon free chat.
Bright Chilli - helping businesses across Angus, Tayside and Fife